Table of Contents
Unwind with Your Partner on a Romantic Cyprus Holiday
Cyprus is a stunning island located in the Mediterranean Sea, with up to 300 days of sunshine per year, making it an all-season destination. It boasts crystal-clear waters, breathtaking beaches, and picturesque villages.
So, it’s no wonder that Aphrodite’s island attracts holidaymakers and expats alike every year. They come to witness the breathtaking scenery, immerse themselves in the rich history, bask in the fantastic weather, experience the warm hospitality of the locals, and embrace the idyllic Cypriot lifestyle.
Its unique blend of Greek and Turkish cultures, ancient ruins, and medieval castles make it a fascinating destination for history enthusiasts.
For a romantic holiday, Cyprus offers intimate seaside restaurants, luxurious resorts, and scenic mountain hikes. The island’s warm climate and friendly locals add to its charm, making it a perfect destination for couples seeking a romantic getaway.
Now it’s your time to join the many visitors who have fallen in love with this exceptional destination…
5 Reasons to Choose Cyprus for Your Next Romantic Holiday
Here are 5 reasons why the island of Cyprus is a fantastic destination for a holiday or a new home:
- Perfect Climate: The island has an ideal climate that is neither too cold nor too hot. It’s perfect for the delicate fruit trees, beautiful jasmine and bougainvillea blossoms which thrive all-year-round.
- Accessible: Cyprus is well-connected to mainland Europe, North America, Australasia and the Middle East. There are cheap airlines servicing the airports across Cyprus, Greece and Turkey, making it an easy and affordable destination to reach.
- Rich in History and Culture: The island has been inhabited for over 9,000 years, making it steeped in history and culture. It has numerous historical sites, castles, fortresses and ruins to explore.
- Abundance of Flora and Fauna: Cyprus is home to many rare species of orchids, birds of prey, owls, flamingos and butterflies. In spring and autumn, walking tours are popular, and the Troodos and Kyrenia mountain ranges offer stunning views and paths to explore.
- Laid-back Lifestyle: The Cypriot lifestyle is warm, friendly and hospitable. People enjoy a leisurely pace of life that allows for long lunches and evenings spent under the stars, enjoying local dishes, fine wine and great company.
Whether you’re looking for a holiday destination or a place to call home, Cyprus has everything you need.
How to reach Cyprus from Europe and Usa
There are several ways to reach Cyprus from Europe and the USA. You can take a direct flight to Larnaca or Paphos airports from major European cities or the USA. Alternatively, you can take a connecting flight from a nearby country such as Greece or Turkey. Another option is to take a ferry from Greece or Italy to Cyprus. It’s important to check the travel restrictions and entry requirements for Cyprus before planning your trip.
Getting to Cyprus from London
There are several airlines that operate flights between London and Cyprus. Some of the major airlines include British Airways, easyJet, Wizz Air, Ryanair, and Aegean Airlines. These airlines offer direct flights from London to different cities in Cyprus, including Larnaca and Paphos.
The frequency of flights varies depending on the season and demand, but there are usually multiple flights per week. Passengers can choose from a range of ticket options, including economy, premium economy, and business class. With so many airlines to choose from, travelers are sure to find a flight that meets their needs and budget.
Experience the Magic of Cyprus: A 10-day Romantic Holiday Like No Other
Day 1: Arrival in the historic city of Paphos where you can visit the UNESCO-listed archaeological site. See the famous mosaics and visit the Tomb of the Kings.. Check-in at a luxury hotel and explore the historic city center.
Day 2: Visit the picturesque village of Lefkara, known for its lace-making tradition. Enjoy a traditional Cypriot lunch and visit the nearby Monastery of Stavrovouni.
Day 3: Head to the coastal town of Limassol and explore the old town and medieval castle. Relax on the beach and enjoy a sunset dinner at a seaside restaurant.
Day 4: Take a wine tour of the Troodos Mountains and visit local wineries. Stop by the UNESCO-listed Byzantine church of Panagia tou Araka.
Day 5: Enjoy a day trip to the ancient city of Kourion, which boasts stunning Greco-Roman ruins overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. Stop by the nearby beach of Aphrodite’s Rock for a swim.
Day 6: Explore the rugged Akamas Peninsula and the Baths of Aphrodite. Take a boat tour of the blue caves and enjoy a seafood lunch in the fishing village of Latchi.
Day 7: Visit the Nicosia, the capital city of Cyprus.
Day 8: Enjoy a day of relaxation at a luxury spa resort. Indulge in a couples massage and soak in the natural hot springs.
Day 9: Take a hike in the Troodos Mountains and enjoy the stunning scenery. Visit the Kykkos Monastery, one of the island’s most important religious sites.
Day 10: Departure day. Take a leisurely breakfast and say goodbye to the island of Cyprus.
Indulge in Romance: Ideas for a Romantic Cyprus Staycation
Cyprus is a perfect destination for a romantic staycation, with its stunning beaches, picturesque villages, and rich cultural heritage. Here’s a guide to help you plan your romantic getaway:
- Choose the perfect accommodation: Cyprus offers a wide range of accommodation options, from luxurious hotels to cozy villas. If you’re looking for a more private and intimate stay, consider renting a villa with a private pool. You can also opt for a hotel with a spa and wellness center for a relaxing and rejuvenating experience. A recommended place in Cyprus is Paphos.
- Explore the island’s beaches: Cyprus is known for its beautiful beaches, with crystal clear waters and golden sands. Spend a day lounging on the beach, taking a romantic stroll along the shore, or trying out some water sports together.
- Discover the local cuisine: Cyprus has a rich culinary culture, with a variety of delicious dishes to try. Sample local specialties such as meze, souvlaki, and halloumi cheese, and enjoy a romantic dinner with a view of the sea.
- Visit charming villages: Cyprus is home to many picturesque villages with traditional architecture and narrow streets. Take a day trip to explore the villages and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.
- Experience the island’s history and culture: Cyprus has a rich history and cultural heritage, with ancient ruins, museums, and art galleries to explore. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Paphos, explore the Byzantine churches and monasteries, and learn about the island’s past.
- Enjoy the nightlife: Cyprus has a vibrant nightlife scene, with many bars, clubs, and music venues to choose from. Enjoy a romantic night out together, sipping cocktails and dancing under the stars.
Remember to take the time to relax and enjoy each other’s company during your romantic Cyprus holiday. With its beautiful scenery, delicious food, and rich cultural heritage, Cyprus is the perfect destination for a romantic getaway.
14 days Romantic Cyprus Holiday – a Cyprus Staycation Program
Day 1: Arrival in Cyprus, check-in at hotel, and relax.
Day 2: Explore the old town of Nicosia, visit the Ledra Street checkpoint, and enjoy a traditional Cypriot lunch.
Day 3: Drive to the Troodos Mountains, visit the Kykkos Monastery, and hike in the nature trails.
Day 4: Visit the ancient city of Kourion, the Kolossi Castle, and the Limassol Marina.
Day 5: Relax on the beaches of Paphos and visit the Tombs of the Kings.
Day 6: Take a boat tour to the Blue Lagoon and the Akamas Peninsula.
Day 7: Visit the picturesque village of Lefkara, known for its lace and silverwork.
Day 8: Explore the ancient city of Salamis and relax on the beaches of Famagusta.
Day 9: Visit the St. Hilarion Castle and the Bellapais Monastery in Kyrenia.
Day 10: Take a day trip to the Karpas Peninsula and visit the Golden Beach.
Day 11: Explore the village of Omodos and visit the Holy Cross Monastery.
Day 12: Relax on the beaches of Ayia Napa and visit the Cape Greco National Forest Park.
Day 13: Take a wine tour of the Limassol Wine Region and enjoy a traditional Cypriot dinner.
Day 14: Departure from Cyprus.